Internal Tools Are Simple
·May 2, 2022·
1 min read
Most internal tools are simple enough to be explained in one sentence.
- Choose an Employee ID from a dropdown to apply an employee discount
- Query failed payments, click "approve" or "deny" for each of them
- Choose a Loan ID from a dropdown, click submit, cancel loan via internal API
- Query weekly payroll, export to Excel, make manual adjustments, upload CSV to payroll service
- Pull yesterday's sales, append that to a table, send results in an email
So why do most internal tools never get built?